Why should you attend?
Lead Pen Test Professional training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test by using a mix of practical techniques and management skills.
This course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing field. Unlike other trainings, this training course is focused specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by professionals looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. It drills down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including infrastructure, Web Application security, Mobile security and Social Engineering. In addition, this course concentrates on how to practically apply what is learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
Along with the in-depth hands-on practical skills, this training course equips you with the management skills you need to lead a penetration test, taking into account business risks and key business issues. The individuals who complete the course have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester. On the last day of the training course, you will get to use the skills learned in a comprehensive capture and flag penetration testing exercises.
Who should attend?
- IT professionals looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Auditors looking to understand the Penetration Testing processes
- IT and Risk managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of Penetration Tests
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Learn how to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing concepts and principles
- Understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of Pen Tests
- Learn how to effectively plan a Penetration Test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk
- Acquire hands-on practical skills and knowledge on relevant tools and techniques used to efficiently conduct a Penetration Testing
- Learn how to effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Pen Testing
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practical tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of Penetration Testing and comprehensive knowledge of Cybersecurity.
Day 1: Introduction to Penetration Testing, ethics, planning and scoping
Day 2: Technical foundation, knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas)
Day 3: Conducting a Penetration Test (using tools and techniques) and reviewing testing areas
Day 4: Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up
Day 5: Certification Exam
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Penetration Testing
Domain 2: Technical foundations for Penetration Testing
Domain 3: Scoping and planning a Penetration Test
Domain 4: Conducting a Penetration Test including test types, tools and methods
Domain 5: Specific Penetration Testing types and techniques (infrastructure, application, mobile technology and social engineering)
Domain 6: Analyzing results and the reporting process
Domain 7: Penetration Test follow up
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free