Why should you attend?
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “Certified ISO 13485 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Medical Devices Quality Management System (MDQMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Medical Devices Quality Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Medical Devices Quality Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Medical Devices Quality Management System audit
- Expert advisers in Medical Devices Quality Management Managers or consultants involved in Medical Devices Quality Management
- Understand the operations of a Medical Devices Quality Management System based on ISO 13485
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 13485 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 13485 in the context of a MDQMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in MDQMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 13485 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Medical Devices Quality Management Systems (MDQMS) and ISO 13485
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Medical Devices Quality Management System (MDQMS)
Domain 2: Medical Devices Quality Management System (MDQMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 13485 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 13485 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 13485 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 13485 audit program
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free